Monday 12 March 2018

10 SYNTHESIS

In writing up a reflection of the practical element of my project, I identified 10 activities or themes I had done, examined or experimented with to inform my practice.

1) Cinema: I visit the cinema once or twice a week. It gives me more of an understanding of acting, cinematography and the many other elements involved in film production. It allows me to disseminate the effectiveness of these methods and examine how they benefit the story.

2) Drawing: I've drawn a lot of faces and tried to capture emotion in various different people

3) Uncanny: I researched the uncanny valley and how it impacts audience empathy with characters

4) Medium: I animated with 3 different mediums to achieve a different visual style with each short animated clip

5) Acting: I studied Ed Hooks' book "Acting for Animators" to learn that no face is neutral because every thought is accompanied by an action, even very subtle ones

6) Exaggeration: This was the most important. Even subtle emotions are exaggerated in animation.

7) Rotoscoping: I wanted to see if animation that wasn't exaggerated in the slightest could still have the same weight and resonance as other animation.

8) Technology: The theme of my whole module. I used various technologies to measure the potential of each to create empathetic characters

No comments:

Post a Comment