Monday 12 March 2018

Sketchbook Development Continued

I'm continuing to look into faces, relatability and performance.







A quote from David Robson and related photographs I've found. We all strive to relate to anything we possibly can, which implies that facial animation doesn't have to be excessively complex for people to understand or empathise with a character. The best example I can think of is Charlie Brown, who's face is incredibly simplistically designed.



I did a few drawings of faces around me to capture different emotions.

A character's performance is supported by the costumes they wear, the lighting, the context of the scene, the shot framing, the editing, their position in relation to other on-screen characters and about a billion other things. The animation alone plays a small part


More drawings and photographs of "neutral" faces

No comments:

Post a Comment