Thursday 6 December 2018

Tutorial 28/11/18

My PENULTIMATE tutorial yielded insight. Finally, I'm approaching the home stretch. Ahead lies a lot of arduous line animation but I'm sure it'll be FINE.

Firstly, my monologue is far better received than before. The most valuable thing I've learned from this module is that you can cut dialogue quite savagely to the piece's benefit. To think my initial draft was 7 pages long. Now I've condensed to fifteen lines or so.

I've considered further why I'm making this film animated, and have storyboarded some interesting shots and abstract imagery to punctuate the words. Barry Purves' generous recording was great, and his cadence and tone influence the character's physicality.

Essay-wise, I was told to triangulate better and to guide the audience to my natural seeming conclusion. My essay has the substance, I'm told, but doesn't read naturally as I swerve between quotes and my own opinions. So as long as I re-jig it and consider flow, it will all be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment