Monday 17 December 2018

Reflection

As with every project, I immediately hate it the moment I've finished it. Well, that's not true. There's plenty of it I like. I like the art style and a lot of the monologue. 

On reflection I should've paid more attention to pacing, not cutting between the lines so fast to reach the end of the character's emotional journey. Also, I'd have liked to have made some styleframes to consolidate the art style before proceeding so boldly.

Lip sync, or a moving moustache, would've been a useful addition. I didn't include it because I didn't have the time, and because Premiere was being a NIGHTMARE that kept breaking my project whenever I saved it, so I found it hard to splice in edited clips. However, I feel that a lack of lip sync removes some connection between the action and the words and puts a barrier between the character and audience. A disembodied voice can instill a sense of unease.

Furthermore, I must better consider the flow of my shots and storyboard more thoughtfully for effect

No comments:

Post a Comment